An Interview with CoSchedule Founder, Garrett Moon
What is CoSchedule?
CoSchedule promotes itself on its website as the Social Media Editorial Calendar for WordPress. I came across the website via Twitter while getting new resources about editorial calendars. I discovered CoSchedule and its website which promised to “save time and grow traffic by scheduling blog posts and social media on a unified drag and drop calendar.”
Sign up for your Editorial Calendar trial here:
Find out more about CoSchedule’s WordPress Plugin here:
Get Started with CoSchedule
After struggling with my own content marketing planning problems, I discovered this easy-to-use solution that made it simple to schedule blog posts for review. Its drag and drop calendar is available as a WordPress Plugin and helps you create an integrated social media marketing strategy with your blog content. There are many other solutions available like PostPlanner which focuses on Facebook content – http://www.postplanner.com/app-features/. There are also many WordPress Plugin editorial calendar solutions, like this one from Stress Limit Design: http://stresslimitdesign.com/editorial-calendar-plugin.
Why do you need an editorial calendar?
Your editorial calendar helps you:
- Add a strategic element to your digital marketing plan;
- Add structure and accountability to your content marketing efforts;
- Increase productivity and helps get everyone on the same page;
- Utilize search trends in your content;
- Plan for important events and new product launches.
While you can create an editorial calendar with Word or Excel, having your editorial calendar through a WordPress Plugin is the optimal online editorial calendar management tool for bloggers on all levels.
Questions for Garrett Moon, Founder and Designer, CoSchedule
I recently had the opportunity to interview Garrett Moon, Founder and Designer, about CoSchedule’s editorial calendar, available as a WordPress Plugin.
- Why did you create CoSchedule?
- What’s your experience/background in Content Marketing/Web/Social Media?
- What is your best advice for using an editorial calendar and creating engaging content?
- What do you see in the future for content marketing and social media?
- What was your strategy for your pricing for CoSchedule?
- Who is your typical customer for CoSchedule?
- What’s your vision for CoSchedule? Future updates, changes, etc.?
Listen to the interview Podcast with Garrett Moon, Founder, Designer, CoSchedule here:
Are you using an editorial calendar?
What challenges do you face with your editorial calendar or your content marketing strategy?
I appreciate your questions or comments about your content marketing strategy and editorial calendar experiences.